On boxing day, we are all faced with the daunting task of what on earth we will do with all the leftovers! There are only so many carpet picnics one can have with cheese and cold cuts, so why not try a delicious breakfast fry up with some leftover gammon and sausage meat. Buttered thick cut toast, a twist of black pepper and a generous dollop of HP sauce make it the perfect pick-me-up if you have a heavy head after all the champagne and mulled wine!
cooked sausage meat
slice of bread
brown sauce of ketchup (optional)
salt and black pepper
(preheat oven to 180*c)
– slice off a piece of gammon and sausage meat, wrap in ton foil and place in the oven to warm
– slice a thick piece of toast and place in toaster ready to toast
– after 10 minutes, put the toaster on and fry your egg in a little butter
– remove meats from the oven and toast from toaster
– butter toast, place on gammon and sausage meat, then top with your egg
– twist over a little black pepper and squirt your sauce on the side
*Perfect with a milky cup of English breakfast tea!