Crispy, golden baguette topped with mellow roasted garlic and fresh tomatoes.
fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper
(preheat oven to 180*c)
– place whole garlic bulb into a ramekin or muffin tray and drizzle with olive oil, then cover with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes, until soft when pressed.
– squeeze the roasted garlic out of their skins into a small bowl
– slice each tomato in half, remove seeds and dice into fairly small pieces
– in a bowl, combine the dices tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper and torn basil leaves
(preheat the grill)
– slice the baguette and brush both sides with olive oil and season
– grill in the oven until both sides are golden and crispy
– spread one side of each slice with roasted garlic and top with your tomato mix
*I haven’t included any measurements to this recipe as it is fairly simple so you can make however much you need
**perfect as an appetiser, a summers day snack, or as part of a lunch feast, served with a cold glass of your favourite white wine